Monday, July 11, 2011

A New Group of Rescues

I went by Lowes yesterday for some supplies and noticed that they had SEVERAL sunburned phals and they didn't seem concerned at all.  I asked about their price and they told me to come back tomorrow and talk with a manger. Anyhow, I went back this morning and bought 4 of the worst of the lot for $0.75 each. They wanted way too much for the rest of them.  I may go back tonight and talk with the night manager (who I know pretty well) and see about the rest.     So here's what I brought home. . .


 I brought home two P. (Golden Peoker x Brother White Windian)

Both of these two are very sunburned, but they have nice roots and at least two green leaves.  


This one is P.( Salu Spot x Golden Peoker)


This poor baby is the worst of the group. 










I also brought homw one  P. Christina. 
 This  one has a couple good leaves and nice looking roots, but no blooms.  I'll post a pic soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're running your own orchid rescue society. I wish I had the money and space to do the same. It's really a shame to see plants that could outlive us on death's door withing months of leaving the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's a shame to see them in such bad condition. Especially in a place that you'd expect to see otherwise.

    I did go back this evening and got four more. These that I got tonight are in great shape (just not blooming).

    It will be like Christmas next year when all of these rescues bloom.

    ReplyDelete